“Forgetting thePast” benefits PDs

Started by 2_exhausted, May 30, 2019, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

countrygirl

Hi Gentle Soul,

Your words brought tears to my eyes.  It is so beautiful that you worked hard to break that shell and can now be the gentle soul you always were inside.  Kudos to you!

It is true that those of us from PD families of origin often have all sorts of defense mechanisms in play--I know I do, and am still a work in progress--which we needed for protection when young.  And they sure remain in place after we leave home.  Then we have to labor to peel those away so that we can breathe freely again.

I am going to remember your user name and the transformation which led to your assuming it as I continue to work. 

GentleSoul

Quote from: countrygirl on June 27, 2019, 06:37:43 AM
Hi Gentle Soul,

Your words brought tears to my eyes.  It is so beautiful that you worked hard to break that shell and can now be the gentle soul you always were inside.  Kudos to you!

It is true that those of us from PD families of origin often have all sorts of defense mechanisms in play--I know I do, and am still a work in progress--which we needed for protection when young.  And they sure remain in place after we leave home.  Then we have to labor to peel those away so that we can breathe freely again.

I am going to remember your user name and the transformation which led to your assuming it as I continue to work.

Thank you, Countrygirl, what a lovely post.   You have made my day.  Sending warm good wishes to you.  xx

countrygirl

And thank you, Gentle Soul!   Isn't this board a great place for us?   Take care.