Need help finding an elder attorney in PA/my aunt playing with PD M’s meds

Started by 2_exhausted, June 30, 2019, 07:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2_exhausted

Hi.

My uBPD M is close to 90, I live in PA, she moved to my aunt's, her sister, 87, at the end of November, in a Rage. I actually have video on my phone. She is stating she wishes I would die, I am a piece of sh!t, etc..things I have heard forever. She fell at aunt's home a week later and fractured a hip. De ember was filled with an operation, rehab, then a nursing home. My mom had some hospital psychosis.....she was very  out of it, making zero sense. She did not know her address nor phone number, things she DID know during her rage.

So they would not release her to me, because I work. My aunt said she would take her. Well 6-7 months later uBPD mom does not way to come with me. I am happy about this. My aunt has been playing Physician with her meds. I posted before about the Aricept not being given..

A few things... I am an only child, no kids, no husband...I need a "Saul", as our finances are intertwined. I need someone very good. I think my aunt is getting sick of my mom....who wouldn't? My mom barely does anything. And my aunt is a total enabler. I keep stating to my aunt, her mind/dementia will only get worst if you have her do nothing. My aunt will not allow her to use the toaster!?!? I said if she comes here, she is going to have to make her own English muffin as I will not do this & she was able to do this everyday prior to the fall.

My aunt is playing with the blood presses meds as well as with the Aricept. To be honest..... I feel like moving thousand miles away. 

I have been neglected, emotionally & verbally abused by my mother since I can remember. Financially, since I was 24....I have had enough.

My aunt just hung up on me as she told me she is trying something new...not giving the Aricept..and this morning my mom had more color....me-"you are not a Physician and Aricept is not effecting her color". I am a nurse, but that is besides the point.  :aaauuugh:

Thanks,

2exhausted

DaisyGirl77

At this point, I'd find a lawyer to help you disentangle your finances from your uBPDM.  Your priority is to yourself, first & foremost.  Make sure all your assets are separate from hers in the event she dies & all accounts with her name on it are frozen for estate disbursement.  You don't want to lose your own hard-earned money to her estate & her creditors.

Protect yourself with your own Saul.

Once the financial separation's done, call APS & report what you know of the situation in that house.  Keep all documentation proving your money is yours for at least 10 years.  JUST in case your M or aunt try to claim you've cheated her of her money.
I lived with my dad's uPD mom for 3.5 years.  This is my story:  http://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=59780.0  (TW for abuse descriptions.)

"You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep others warm." - Anonymous

NC with uNM since December 2016.  VLC with uPDF.

Kiki81