The Pain Body according to Eckhart Tolle

Started by LemonLime, June 01, 2019, 10:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonLime

I just love Eckhart Tolle and find so much wisdom and comfort in his teachings.   I don't know if this topic has been addressed before, but I thought it might help others as it has helped me.   The idea of the Pain Body.....we all have one, and PDs likely have a bigger and more "hungry" one than the average person.  When I look at my PD sibling through the lens of the idea of the Pain Body, things all make so much more sense.  There are lots of videos on the pain body, but the link below might be a good into if you aren't familiar with it.  If you don't want to listen to the whole thing, you might start at minute 11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouF8RiHyYvo

What do you all think?

Danden

I knew about Eckhart Tolle and after reading your post I started to listen many of his videos.  He is wise about so many things.  It also helped me to realize that some of the things I thought made me "weird" are actually things that represent I am moving toward consciousness.  I think all of those who come Out of the FOG are moving toward consciousness and so carry that seed within them for being more awake. It is not necessarily weird to unplug from emotional drama and to remove yourself from it and see it for what it is, to be a part of it and separate form it at the same time.  In general, in the world, feeling detached from others, letting them go their own way, and focused on your own stuff can be a good thing.  Mr. Tolle has much to teach all of us.

LemonLime

"I think all of those who come Out of the FOG are moving toward consciousness and so carry that seed within them for being more awake."

So true, Danden.  One of the blessings of this site is being able to watch each other grow, and become more conscious.  We "get it".  We're awakening.    Thank you for your comments.

LemonLime

Here's the link I was initially looking for re: the pain body.   Short and sweet and explains virtually everything about my sib's PD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcYrm7h86Rk

So, so true.... "staying silent only seems to fuel their fire".   OMG that is so true.  And it's one of the most frustrating thing to me....no matter what I do, my sib gets more angry with me.  Even staying silent makes them more angry. There is just nowhere to hide from their wrath.   I often feel as if I am living in a nightmare.

guitarman

Thanks for the information.

I have a uBPD/uNPD sister. She often rages at me on the phone. If I just listen she says that I am being immature and not talking to her. I calmly tell her that I am listening.

Whatever I say would be wrong. She likes her feelings to be validated but she often says things that infuriate and annoy me so I don't even bother to do that now. I use Medium Chill and Grey Rock to keep calm and disengage from her.

She is always in pain. Her Pain Body is always present. I've realised that she won't ever change and that I can't change her. That's very freeing for me to finally realise. I have to let her go. I have to observe and not absorb her pain.

guitarman X
"Do not let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace." - Dalai Lama

"You don't have to be a part of it, you can become apart from it." - guitarman

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can." - Anon

"If it hurts it isn't love." - Kris Godinez, counsellor and author