Make him see sense!

Started by Spirit in the sky, June 04, 2019, 08:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit in the sky

Just had a text message from NMIL telling me I need to make my hubby see sense and stop his nonsense. He's gone no contact

Long winded text saying she's done nothing wrong, she's he's mother, she's loves him. Also added she's talking my name of her will as executor. All this is making her ill blah blah and surely I can make him change his mind.

My reply...

I understand you are upset. But I think you are making the right decision taking my name off the will. I can't make ( hubby's name) do anything nor would I want that responsibility over someone's else life. He knows I'm not comfortable will fall outs and respects my decision to not get involved. I don't have any animosity towards anyone.

Call Me Cordelia

Spirit in the sky

Thank you Call me Cordelia

She replied saying I made myself very clear and she's disgusted.
She wants nothing more to do with us, she hopes we can live with ourselves.
And my hubby has obviously lost the plot !

Call Me Cordelia

Better and better! If we could post gifs, I'd post a blue-painted Mel Gibson yelling "Freedom!!!"

Spirit in the sky

Quote from: Call Me Cordelia on June 04, 2019, 11:18:31 AM
Better and better! If we could post gifs, I'd post a blue-painted Mel Gibson yelling "Freedom!!!"

She obviously doesn't mean it, because she's said she wants nothing to do with us every time she doesn't get her own way. But finding the courage to respond without reacting is a major step for me. No more people pleasing ! 

Call Me Cordelia

You can still do her the courtesy of taking her at her word though, right?  She doesn't even want a response? :angel:

Sounds like you are doing really well! I hope you and your DH "live with each other" happily ever after.

GentleSoul