what a year!

Started by NewConfidence, June 14, 2019, 03:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewConfidence

This has been quite a year. When I look back, I can't believe how much i've been through, how much happened.

.... and that is post-break-up.....

I still can't think too deeply about the stuff that went on in the relationship. such a short relationship... how can so much have happened in such a short time.

I still have barely cried. I am starting to have moments when I feel teary, so I'm embracing that as my next stage... reconnecting with my emotions post-shock, post-trauma.

I'm trying to embrace the tears, because i know that theyre healthy, but i still can't cry.

We had mediation monday. It went so well... what a relief!! Because it was our second attempt at mediating,, it was lawyer supported. I feel so lucky that Ive met the perfect lawyer. she realised that this is a high-conflict case and had a barrister supporting me. He was awesome. I was super organised.... I had folders of evidence (which I barely touched!) but I had kept up with documenting "stuff" all along. I had sent them my concerns for mental health.... a very long list of events;  The barrister was very sympathetic. itsurprised me and shocked me because he said there was high level dv. I guess it shocks me because it was psychological, not physical. and psychological means so so much manipulation and confusion that i still feel confused.

oh well. new stage. lets see how this year goes.

athene1399

I am so glad mediation went well. And it sounds like you have a supportive and understanding team. That is great!  :)

Also, I'm sure you'll cry when you're ready to process everything. It's hurts a lot at first because you have to relive it a bit in your mind to fully process, but then it gets better. Maybe ask a T to help, one that is good at helping you process past trauma.

Good luck! I hope you have a wonderful year.