And with that, I’ve given up.

Started by CoffeeCup2, June 08, 2019, 04:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeCup2

It's okay. It's for the better.

Silly me to have this idea of thinking someone who I am attracted to in all ways would also be attracted to me. Silly me to think that maybe by getting to know more people, I'd make more friends/contacts and maybe meet someone I really like (and who feels the same way).

It backfired huge.

It stopped at someone who started showing interest in me. I do not feel the same at all. Now that I know he's interested, I feel weird and awkward. I don't want to hang out because I know he has feelings and I don't. I don't want to lead him on.

He knows a lot of people I'm in contact with. I just imagine word will get around I'm a b*tch or someone who is cold hearted.

I'm going to just worry about myself from now on. Not anything else.

I'm not ready to put myself out there, even to make friends. Stuff like this happens and it's uncomfortable. Even more so when I have the history with uNPDx.

bloomie

CoffeeCup2 - I'm sorry this backfired and feels awkward. I hope when you are ready the ups and downs of reaching out and building relationships, the trial and error humanness of it all, will flow over your back. Take good care of you right now. I am glad you shared, but sorry it is hard right now.
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

CoffeeCup2

Quote from: Bloomie on June 09, 2019, 12:57:44 PM
CoffeeCup2 - I'm sorry this backfired and feels awkward. I hope when you are ready the ups and downs of reaching out and building relationships, the trial and error humanness of it all, will flow over your back. Take good care of you right now. I am glad you shared, but sorry it is hard right now.

Thanks Bloomie.

I just can't right now. Add to that some other "not so great" personal relationships right now, and it's a recipe for just wanting to remain reclusive.

notrightinthehead

and why not, if that is what you need right now?
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

athene1399

What a tough situation. Have you considered telling him you are not interested (in a nice way)? and if any of your mutual friends ask, you can always let them know you just aren't interested in him. There's nothing wrong with not being interested. And it's good to be honest about that sort of thing if you can. However, it is totally up to you if you'd rather avoid seeing this person. I have social anxiety and often avoid awkward situations. I totally understand if you're too anxious to be in that situation. Is there someone in that friend group who you feel comfortable reaching out to about the situation?

It sounds like you are also upset that someone that you liked didn't like you back. That is heartbreaking too. I'm sorry you are having a rough go of meeting new people.

CoffeeCup2

Quote from: athene1399 on June 11, 2019, 08:48:26 AM
What a tough situation. Have you considered telling him you are not interested (in a nice way)? and if any of your mutual friends ask, you can always let them know you just aren't interested in him. There's nothing wrong with not being interested. And it's good to be honest about that sort of thing if you can. However, it is totally up to you if you'd rather avoid seeing this person. I have social anxiety and often avoid awkward situations. I totally understand if you're too anxious to be in that situation. Is there someone in that friend group who you feel comfortable reaching out to about the situation?

It sounds like you are also upset that someone that you liked didn't like you back. That is heartbreaking too. I'm sorry you are having a rough go of meeting new people.

Actually, it wasn't a case of liking someone and them not liking me back. It is just being around difficult people who you just really can't handle. Add in the uncomfortable feeling of having someone whose interested in you show you that they are interested (when you are not) and it's just not a great feeling.

I don't have the ability to handle this situation because I am just not in the right frame of mind. It is just way too fresh in my mind. Is this person a good person?  No doubt!  Does it make me a bit uncomfortable?  Yes, because I don't know what to say or how to act without it looking like I am interested in something more. I know this person also has struggles they are dealing with, and I simply cannot help with that right now. Not to sound like a terrible person, but I just don't have it in me.

The difficult personal relationships are tough to deal with every day. The awkwardness of that is difficult to deal with. It's very exhausting when you are still trying to heal from the past trauma and abuse.

athene1399

I know what you mean. Sometimes being around people is exhausting. Maybe do some self-care, chillax on your own, and when you start feeling better and more confident try again if you want to. This is something you should pursue at your own pace. You don't want to rush into anything, even a friendship, if you do not feel ready yet. I'm not saying be a loner forever, but maybe take a small step back, re-evaluate what you want, and try again later. :)