From the sidelines

Started by PeanutButter, June 11, 2019, 02:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeanutButter

Hi I am finally reaching out for connections. I have been reading everything on the site and following all the boards for quite a while now. It has helped so much that I am very thankful. Although the old me would have stayed on the sidelines because joining in the discussions is outside my comfort zone I am determined to change this type of thought pattern "that I have nothing to offer that would help anyone".  I now see that I have been unconsciously repeating my origional trama relationship with my uBPDMother.  My uNPDexH picked up the abuse of me right where uBPDM left off when she kicked me out of "her" house. In fact I now see that they both acted in similar abusive ways. Thanks to all who read this and/or respond. Thanks to all who make up this community which has changed my life forever for the better already.
If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle

bloomie

PeanutButter - so thankful you have officially joined this amazing community! I am glad it has been a help to your so far in your healing journey. I am also really glad that you have spoken back to those negative and untrue messages and I look forward to your contributions here.

See ya out there on the boards!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

guitarman

Welcome. You are not alone.

guitarman X
"Do not let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace." - Dalai Lama

"You don't have to be a part of it, you can become apart from it." - guitarman

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can." - Anon

"If it hurts it isn't love." - Kris Godinez, counsellor and author

PeanutButter

Thank you both so very much.
If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle

treesgrowslowly

Hi peanutbutter,

Welcome! You've already shared something of value with your first post- You're on your way to breaking the thought pattern...it takes time and patience with yourself.

It takes a lot of courage to do this work. Welcome.

PeanutButter

Hi treesgrowslowly. Thank you for you kind words!

2_exhausted

Hi PeanutButter,

I have repeating the same....uBPD mom with NPD males, for years.  I of coarse rejected the healthy loving relationships....and part if not most was due to my mom......the struggle is real.

I think/feel this forum is the way to heal..

Hugs.

PeanutButter

Thanks 2_exhausted. Im sorry you have experienced similar too. But thank you for sharing with me.  It feels validating to hear and helps soo much.