Fabrications From The Ex

Started by Kat54, September 20, 2019, 07:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat54

Its so frustrating hearing that my ex tells lies to our daughter. Shes 22 and lives with him and we are coming, I hope to the end of this divorce.  My lawyer had sent a list of items I would like from our home as I'm entitled to half the contents of the house.

It was my ex's birthday a couple weeks ago, and it was probably right around that time his lawyer sent him the content list.

He tells daughter that I texted him on his birthday with a content list for the house and I said I'm entitled to half the house, and of course he was distraught and I ruined his birthday.  Yes, I texted him on his birthday, and I said "Happy Birthday, hope you have a great day" and that was all.

With his PD thinking, he probably got the content list from his lawyer...who knows maybe he opened the email on his birthday. He goes from that email, to I texted him with that content list.  It boggles my mind, but it shouldn't because I have seen him in action making up complete fabrications of things in the past.  He weaves different things together and comes up with a whole new story.  It makes my head spin!

I will talk to my daughter and not bring that up but just talk to her about the contents of the house and I'm not taking anything from her, per se, its moving to another location where she and her brother will be free to come to at any time. 

athene1399

That's not your fault at all that he read the notice from the L around the time of his birthday. This gets so frustrating. It sounds like he is trying to sound like a victim to your D. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about his delusional way of thinking. If you dispute it, you look like the bad guy IMO.

I like your idea of reiterating that you are not taking anything from your D, that you are just following the court order. But I wouldn't come out and say "stbx is making stuff up".

I would also not wish him a happy birthday anymore IMO. Being polite around him and going out of your way to be polite are two different things. Plus he may put his own spin on what you are saying/doing. The less interaction, the better IMO.