Lack of a male role model

Started by Stepping lightly, June 17, 2019, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

athene1399

SL, Is DH allowed to get a written update from this T just for himself? I know BM put a stop to it, but can DH call to get the report? Maybe he could somehow give it to the next T (if BM is switching where DSS goes) so that they know what he was working on with his previous T. But then you get in the sticky situation of what if BM finds out and loses it. But if he was making good progress with this T, it would suck to have him start all over somewhere else.

Has any of the kids gone to one of the "positive male role model" meetings yet? I was curious how that whole thing is panning out.

Stepping lightly

DH is definitely going to follow up with the T, we were just holding off a second to see if anything is scheduled.  At this point, I don't think it will be, but DH has a hard time diving into this conflict anymore.  In our situation, it doesn't matter, it only stirs things up...it never helps even if she has done something totally horrible.

DSS has gone to the meetings, we don't really talk about it.  I imagine it's fun, probably like boy scouts or something else he was never allowed by BM to do.   At least he has a positive influence during her time, and she isn't thinking her BF is that person, because....he certainly is not.