Finally separated

Started by Countingsheep, June 22, 2019, 08:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Countingsheep

So, after discovering this website and learning about personality disorders 6 years ago I finally left him a few months ago (I had to create a new profile because I forgot my password for my other). When I learned about the many instances of cheating after years of him keeping me up at all hours accusing me of the same thing it was the last straw and I started planning my escape. I separated my phone service, disabled the find my phone app, made photocopies of everything, got a job, saved money for an apartment and then I finally told him. It was so scary. It took almost 2 years from when I started planning to when I actually left. We have kids together so we are now going through a messy custody battle but for now I am a much healthier and happier parent for my kids.

Just wanted to share this here since this website essentially saved me from the thought that I was worthless and going insane!

cant turn back

Congratulations Counting Sheep.
Very well played.
:applause:  :applause:   :applause:   :applause:

Blackbird11

Countingsheep

Thank you! Still a long road, but this feels like a big turning point.

notrightinthehead

I can't hate my way into loving myself.

looloo

"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."  Oscar Wilde.

"My actions are my true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand."  Thich Nhat Hanh

Boat Babe

You brave, determined and resourceful person you!  Your kids will thank you for this one day. Wishing you all the very best for your new future. XXX
It gets better. It has to.