Judgmental about church attendance

• 3 Replies

Cascade

Judgmental about church attendance
« on: June 24, 2019, 03:27:16 AM »
Every once in a while Iíll stay home from church for no ďgoodĒ reason when my husband has to work on Sunday. When he gets home he always asks me how was church. When I tell him I didnít go heíll ask why and make me feel guilty for not going. Yet he misses church more often than I and whenever he wants to and thatís perfectly okay. Iím not saying he canít skip church, Iím just wishing for the same standard for me.

GentleSoul

Re: Judgmental about church attendance
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 03:46:56 AM »
Sorry you have this going on, I have encountered similar with my uPD husband. 

He seems to want to judge others so he can make himself feel better.   

Dinah-sore

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 02:16:58 AM »
I am so sorry. My comment might not be helpful, but this is my first impression-- he isn't your dad. It is hard to be an adult and treated like a kid, to have to answer to someone for your choices. I feel that way a lot of the time, so that is probably why your post stood out to me. I feel like a rebel. LOL. But you are grown. You don't NEED a good reason to stay home from anything. <3 We are not righteous because we go to church every week, but because the Lord gives us Jesus. <3
"I had to accept the fact that, look, this is who I am. I have to be who I am, and all of us have a right to be who we are. And whenever we submit our will, because our will is a gift, our will is given to us, whenever we submit our will to someone else's opinion a part of us dies." --Lauryn Hill

Cascade

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 03:07:30 AM »
Yes, I have sometimes felt like my husband treats me like a child. When I told my husband how it made me feel he said that was the way I made him feel for missing our care group. So typical of him to redirect it back on to me.