Judgmental about church attendance

Started by Cascade, June 24, 2019, 12:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cascade

Every once in a while I'll stay home from church for no "good" reason when my husband has to work on Sunday. When he gets home he always asks me how was church. When I tell him I didn't go he'll ask why and make me feel guilty for not going. Yet he misses church more often than I and whenever he wants to and that's perfectly okay. I'm not saying he can't skip church, I'm just wishing for the same standard for me.

GentleSoul

Sorry you have this going on, I have encountered similar with my uPD husband. 

He seems to want to judge others so he can make himself feel better.   

Dinah-sore

I am so sorry. My comment might not be helpful, but this is my first impression-- he isn't your dad. It is hard to be an adult and treated like a kid, to have to answer to someone for your choices. I feel that way a lot of the time, so that is probably why your post stood out to me. I feel like a rebel. LOL. But you are grown. You don't NEED a good reason to stay home from anything. <3 We are not righteous because we go to church every week, but because the Lord gives us Jesus. <3
"I had to accept the fact that, look, this is who I am. I have to be who I am, and all of us have a right to be who we are. And whenever we submit our will, because our will is a gift, our will is given to us, whenever we submit our will to someone else's opinion a part of us dies." --Lauryn Hill

Cascade

Yes, I have sometimes felt like my husband treats me like a child. When I told my husband how it made me feel he said that was the way I made him feel for missing our care group. So typical of him to redirect it back on to me.