Thanks alot Facebook

Started by Spygirl, June 24, 2019, 07:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spygirl

Arrrgggg,

So everyone got those vignettes of photos FB puts together today. It was saddening to me seeing my friends and all the adults' kids, and other people with them in the pics. A couple of them had my stbexh in them. I am nowhere to be seen anywhere.

I looked at the one they did for me and pretty much mostly me and my pdh.

I then had to remind myself that i was married 10 years, and was discouraged from socializing without my pd, so i was only around his family and friends all that time. My friends lived too far away, were not as affluent, whatever my pdh excuse was not to socialize with them. I had no children. All i had was him.

I will never get that back. Its so sad. I let that happen to me. :sadno:

bohemian butterfly

Spy girl,

I had a similar reaction to that video and I'm so sorry it made you upset.  I looked at mine and felt uncomfortable.  It reminded me of school and the cool kids and all that stuff.  I seriously think that Facebook plays psychological games at times.  I get those "memories" too that are also quite hurtful.  I've had pics of pets (whom have passed) pop up.  The pain is overwhelming.  I think that I'm going to delete mine soon (part of my recovery).  Ya know before Facebook, when we said goodbye to toxic exes or old friends that we'd outgrown, we were able to shut a door.  Facebook keeps a foot in the door.  It's waaaay tempting and waaay to easy to think others have it all and/or go back in time.  It's a mirage. 

Sending you a virtual hug. 

cant turn back

I'm on a Facebook/Instagram break.
I moved the Aps off of my front page, so I'm not tempted to click.  I get very depressed seeing all the "happy families" in all their glory.  Graduations, what colleges everyone's kids are going to, father's day tributes, soon it will be everyone having fabulous times at their July 4th BBQs.  I get depressed when I see my ex in laws liking posts and commenting as they always have, with the exception of anything to do with me... as if I don't exist.  It all really just serves to make me feel bad... so I'm not letting that in right now.

notrightinthehead

All these pictures of happy, loving families on interesting outings remind me of my lack thereof. I hardly ever go on FB anymore, especially after reading 'The Circle' .
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

EnufZnuf

Quote from: Spygirl on June 24, 2019, 07:54:02 PM
I will never get that back. Its so sad. I let that happen to me. :sadno:

But you are not letting it happen anymore. Be here now, move into the future. (I need to too). 8-)