Court Adjorned Again

Started by Kat54, June 25, 2019, 08:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat54

We were supposed to go to court on Thursday. My lawyer called to say my ex was asking for and adjournment so he could apply for a bigger mortgage to buy the house.

We met 3 months ago so he could say he wanted to buy the house. Cashing out life insurance, IRA's. But the cash was not completely in place as my lawyer did the math and my ex was short by about $78,000. He applied for a mortgage for $300,000 basing it on the low ball appraisal his realestate friend gave him. The court appraisal was much higher by $1000,000.

So here we are. He doesn't have the money to buy me out. And I'm annoyed thinking back when we bought the house. I had the entire down payment. He had nothing! Not a penny. Stupid me... and today he still has nothing. Though he's great at acting like he does and he's living in our house.

Have to wait another month to get back to court. No more adjournments I told my lawyer, and he will be denied for a larger mortgage most likely. My lawyer said there is a debt ratio that he's very close to already so he may not get approved for a larger mortgage. I won't be sad. By Selling the house my kids will get away from his controlling ways. It's terrible and I feel so horribly guilty leaving them with that wolf.

I hope and pray he can't buy the house.

bloomie

Kat54 - I can't imagine how frustrating the delays and equivocations have to be for you knowing the final outcome will not be changed and he will not be able to buy the home. And how hard to have your kiddos subjected to your ex's controlling ways. I am sorry for this further delay. :hug:
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Kat54

After yesterdays court delay, I kept saying to myself. I'm finished being nice to him, letting him come to family events, letting him clip a little lettuce out of my community garden box. He doesn't deserve my family, and how nice they have tried to be, and so so patient.

Last night I was standing in the back yard from my sisters looking over at my house, all lit up looking beautiful, everything perfect just the way my ex likes it. 

I recall the first time we fought and I brought up about separating, his very first response to me saying i think we should separate. He says   "I'm telling you right off the bat, the house is 50/50"   Not, can we work this out, I love you, please don't leave me. Nope...the house was the first thing that came to mind.  How crushing that a house mattered more.  Maybe he was done way sooner than I was.  Thanks all for listening.