Fastest Ever???? In shock

Started by pushit, June 27, 2019, 07:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pushit

A month ago my lawyer was pushing for a temporary orders hearing, due to her accusations at the beginning and the fact that I've been stable the entire time while she hasn't.  The judge denied it, stating that she wouldn't set a hearing until mediation had taken place.  So frustrating at the time since stbxuPDw has been very unpredictable.

Mediation was (hurriedly) scheduled for today due to court deadlines.  Her side, of course delayed scheduling anything.  Until the mediation started I had no idea what to expect.  We submitted every document requested by their side very quickly, they delayed sending anything to us until the last minute before the mediation started this morning.  We were unprepared due to not having information, and expecting to just gather information for a trial.  I expected nothing to be resolved....

Lo and behold - We walked out at 2:30 with a parenting plan and a separation (finances) agreement SIGNED by both parties.  Just need to get it finalized by the judge.
Parenting time is 50/50 and finances were fairly split.  I'm seriously in a state of shock right now.  After years of being isolated, people being told lies about me, and my kids being told that I'm evil.  Now, we're on par.  It's just crazy.  Push the issues into the public eye and things get simple real quick.

I filed in March, now done-ish in June.  Is this the fastest ever??  I don't know.  All I know is I stopped by the liquor store on the way home and grabbed a fine bottle of beer to drink this evening.

I drink a toast to you folks that have helped me through this ugly situation.  THANK YOU all so much!!!!  For listening to me, understanding me, and offering guidance.  Miles to go until my youngest is an adult, but today was a massive day in my world.

Poison Ivy

Congratulations!  That is very fast.  My divorce took about five and a half months.  It could have been shorter, if my then-husband had responded to things he was supposed to respond to, but he didn't actively try to stall, either.  The time between filing and final hearing was very stressful so I'm glad the process didn't take any longer.

sad_dog_mommy

Quote from: pushit on June 27, 2019, 07:25:42 PM
Push the issues into the public eye and things get simple real quick.

:yeahthat:

That might be the most important thing for non PDs to hear.   Fear of their true self being revealed publicly is their kryptonite.

Congrats on your meditation!    :applause:
Sometimes you don't realize you're actually drowning when you are trying to be everyone else's anchor.   

Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path.

Unconditional love doesn't mean you have to unconditionally accept bad behavior.