She’s posting my medical information on social media

Started by EnufZnuf, June 30, 2019, 04:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnufZnuf

She is now posting my private medical information on social media. Is there anything I can do about this violation of my privacy?

Thanks!

Poison Ivy

That is almost certainly against the law (at least if you're in the U.S.). Take a screenshot, then ask her to remove the post. Tell her that you'll contact the police if she doesn't take down the post.

Spygirl

Go after her immediately. She has violated the law. If you want to be as shenanigan proof as possible, go to Def Con 4 without any warning. I dont see the point in being polite about it. She will not.

Imo, if she is going to break the law, call the police, throw her under the bus. She will most likely stop. This has been my experience. Its boundry pushing.

No point in being reasonable, she knows what she is doing. Its on purpose.

My stbexpdh is attempting to procrastinate on dividing some investments we have.

I told my pdh i will contact a lawyer i was already referred to, and clarify what we both already know is supposed to happen, and in what timeline. I also mentioned that if is not where that lawyer says it should be in a month, i will hire him to "help" my pdh along.

Mind you, i did not threaten him, i just clarified that there will be no foot dragging excuses. If he can find time off for golf and vacations, he can find it to address his legal obligations. If the shoe were on the other foot, it would be no stop nasty.

Kat54

In the US that is a HIPAA violation. The Health Insurance privacy Accountability Act. Health information is private.  They are breaking the law.

Whiteheron

Take photos/screenshots for proof, then contact your L or the police.
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

sad_dog_mommy

Quote from: Whiteheron on June 30, 2019, 08:10:15 PM
Take photos/screenshots for proof, then contact your L or the police.
:yeahthat:

You didn't mention which social media site(s) but they should all have an option to report the post(s) for illegal or unacceptable content. 

I am sorry this happened to you.   (((hug)))
Sometimes you don't realize you're actually drowning when you are trying to be everyone else's anchor.   

Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path.

Unconditional love doesn't mean you have to unconditionally accept bad behavior.

EnufZnuf

Thanks all, she actually screenshot it and sent it to me herself.

Quote from: EnufZnuf on June 30, 2019, 04:38:26 PM
She is now posting my private medical information on social media. Is there anything I can do about this violation of my privacy?

Thanks!

Arkhangelsk

How charming.

I agree with Spygirl.  Bullies do not stop until you make them.