Stepparents - YOU ROCK, signed a birthparent

Started by Arkhangelsk, July 09, 2019, 08:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhangelsk

Hey there Stepparents -

I see so many of you in these forums who spend a great deal of time and effort trying to figure out how to be amazing parents to the kids you have chosen to invest in. 

That is a giant task in any case, but it is especially daunting if there is a PD involved. 

So I just wanted to give you all a shout out.  You are working hard in a difficult space and a whole bunch of children are going to be better for it.

Thank you.

Stepping lightly

Hi Arkhangelsk,

Thank you!  That is really sweet of you.   I'm sure I speak with most of us when I say that is really nice to hear.  It is quite an adventure, and we are often cast as the villains!  One of my most reassuring moments was when I was kidding around with my SKs and I did a silly "wicked step mother cackle", and DSS looked at me so seriously and said, "I don't get it, you aren't wicked".

athene1399

Thank you, Arkangelsk.  :D That is very nice to hear.

Most of the time I feel like BPDxw is my ex too. lol We're all in this together!  :cheers:

Penny Lane

Thanks Arkangelsk.  :hug: Stepparenting is rewarding for sure but can definitely be somewhat thankless. So this really does mean a lot to hear.

And right back at you and all the bio parents on here - I'm amazed at the amount of strength I see every day, in leaving abusive spouses and creating new and better lives for yourselves and your kids. I truly had no idea how hard it could be, even after hearing it from my husband.