BPD sister had a baby

Started by Maz, July 09, 2019, 05:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maz

My BPD sister has had her first baby, she's the golden child so NPD dad thinks the sun shines out of her. Struggling to know what to do with regards to contact as we don't really get on. We have a bitchy relationship when she wants someone to hurt it's usually me. I also have a disabled brother who hasn't seen the baby yet. This is after telling him constantly that he's going to be an uncle. This has really upset me as he doesn't understand the shift. Please advise. Not sure what to do.

goodgirl

So a few questions:

How long ago was the baby born?

Do you live close by, or can you reasonably just send a card with congratulations and a gift?

Do you WANT to meet your niece/nephew?

Is Brother close by enough that someone can take him for a visit?

Has Sister been refusing to let you and brother visit?

Maz

Hi good girl,

My sister want allow my brother to visit, I've suggested it a couple of times and she's gone off on me. I visited the baby once when she came home from hospital but it was just a short visit. When she was in hospital she told the whole family that people could only visit when she said. No one was allowed to just come and see her. This was really hurtful as I was worried when she was having her c section. Then my NPD Dad calls and says with a tone, why haven't I been to visit. I told him that she said she didn't want anyone to visit and he just said she didn't mean it. So I was stuck in a f'ed if you do and f'ed if you don't. Then my dad fell out with me saying I was unreasonable and sister had got it really hard. I've offered to go over literally about 20 times but she doesn't want it. I feel like it's all part of her game to make me look bad.