Still feeling icky over unwanted attention

Started by CoffeeCup2, July 07, 2019, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeCup2

I can't really shake the feeling I got when a certain male (friend) started getting a little too "friendly"

I keep thinking I somehow led him on. But this is how I act with all friends. I have a lot of male friends that I act exactly the same with, and lines were never crossed the way they were with this friend.

I also heard through a mutual friend that he tried the same thing with her in the past, and came on really, really hard, really, really fast to another friend.

I just need to tell myself this wasn't my fault, and it's okay to discard this person from my life. I'm not a bad person, I'm not a nasty person. It was just hugely uncomfortable for me.

11JB68

It sounds like maybe if this person has a pattern of this, Then maybe he misreads signals/body language, etc...
Not your fault, nor is it your responsibility.

CoffeeCup2

Quote from: 11JB68 on July 07, 2019, 09:05:49 PM
It sounds like maybe if this person has a pattern of this, Then maybe he misreads signals/body language, etc...
Not your fault, nor is it your responsibility.

I guess you never know these things until the person crosses a line.

athene1399

IMO there's nothing wrong with severing ties with someone who makes you feel uncomfortable.

Penny Lane

I think it's great that you're listening to your gut on this! You didn't do anything wrong. There is a certain type of person (a surprising number of single men, in my experience) who is REALLY good at pushing boundaries and making you feel like it's your fault when it comes to dating stuff. Be nice to yourself, this is hard for anyone.