security

Started by 11JB68, July 03, 2019, 02:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

Hi
Wondering if anyone had their email hacked through this site at all today
I had been using a business email and today that email was hacked somehow - no idea if it was through this site or not, but checking to see if maybe anyone else experienced this?
I've now changed my email on this site -just in case.
Wondering if I would need to delete my account and set up a new one, but I don't know how to do that.

moglow

We've not had any reports so far so it could be an issue with your employer's server. Changing your email address to one that's less udentifiable/tied to you is a better idea regardless.

If you need to abandon this account and create a new one due to privacy concerns, please let us know.
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

Dear Abby

I had some seemingly random privacy leaks and brought my devices to a service. One of the malware/spyware contained within was traced to a picture I had clicked onto from a site called Narcsite.

I had meant to mention it earlier and your post reminded me. Since some forum members refer to that site I wanted to add to be careful not to click picture links.