Outrageous PD wedding stories, please!

Started by EntWife, February 13, 2019, 10:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adria

My golden child sister, with her histrionic behavior, stood in her receiving line. after her wedding, boisterously carrying on about how she forgot to take her birth control pill.  She wouldn't shut up about it. The look of horror on her mother-in-law's face is forever etched in my mind. I was terribly embarrassed for myself and for my sister and her MIL.  I'm pretty sure that was what cinched her MIL despising her from that day forward. :doh:
For a flower to blossom, it must rise from the dirt.

nanotech

I'm just sending big hugs to everyone who has posted here.

Nightmare stories.  :sadno: :blink: :sly: :aaauuugh:

I think we should all get together and have a  massive huge amazing non PD Party 🥳  :fireworks: xxxxx

pangolin

Older relative with N tendencies to at my brother's wedding. "I would have thought you would have had your makeup professionally done."
Had driven a few hundred miles the day before to be there. Couldn't really have arranged anything. Did in fact seek professional advice where I live. Wasn't a bridesmaid or anything decorative, although I did do a reading.
Asked by MIL if I " wasn't ashamed to be getting married at my age. " (early 40s for the first time for both of us. )
Discovered after the wedding that MIL had been telling my friends and slightly more distant relations that she had been widowed. She had in fact divorced my FIL for earning insufficient money and working too many hours. (And then remarried some time later - later than her early 40s. She had insisted we didn't invite her husband, who would not have come anyway.
I think MIL is undiagnosed N. Whether to the point of PD, I don't feel competent to say.

blacksheep7

Some unbelievable stories.

At my wedding I had a small gift, a nice candy box for each guest.   My NM was giving them out.  My bridesmaid who was my best friend told me that NM said to her "do you deserve one?"    :doh:

My brother started dating my bf after my wedding and they got married the next year.   Sil eventually went nc because of NM & NF.

When my sister got married 7 years later, sil attended the wedding.  When I walked in the church, she was sitting in the last row by herself.  I asked her what she was doing there.  I don't remember her answer, too long ago but I told her to move up closer.

I may be the black sheep of the family, but some of the white sheep are not as white as they try to appear.

"When people show you who they are, believe them."
Maya Angelou

pangolin

Two more snippets - neither outrageous but both very ???! at the time.
Elderly relative asking me if my brother or uncle was going to "give me away". Was most puzzled that it was neither, but my own Dad, who has been my Dad all my life(and a very good one) and still married to my Mum. Relative doesn't like my dad that much and my Dad isn't her side of the family. (Also Dad definitely saw it as walking me down the aisle, on the grounds that no human can own another, so no-one can give another person away.) Same relative asking me, when I was summoned round to show the photographs a few weeks after, what I had said to my Mum "because I saw you speak to her after the service." Well yes, she's my Mum. It was probably something like "Is you hip feeling OK still?" but I couldn't remember exactly.