Nervous

Started by OddSunflower, July 11, 2019, 01:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OddSunflower

Tonight will be the first "family" event we have hosted since NC with the in-laws. I am so nervous that they have "heard it through the grapevine" and will show up uninvited to celebrate their grandsons' birthdays.  I have regular panic attacks in public now and have taken to doing business in areas that I know they would never frequent.
I wonder sometimes if it isn't easier to just take the abuse and pretend it is all ok... Sigh...

bloomie

Quote from: OddSunflower on July 11, 2019, 01:20:26 PM
Tonight will be the first "family" event we have hosted since NC with the in-laws. I am so nervous that they have "heard it through the grapevine" and will show up uninvited to celebrate their grandsons' birthdays.  I have regular panic attacks in public now and have taken to doing business in areas that I know they would never frequent.
I wonder sometimes if it isn't easier to just take the abuse and pretend it is all ok... Sigh...

NO! It is not! Deep breaths! You have tools and strategies and priorities that you can bring forward at anytime under any circumstances! Keep taking these steps forward! Healing and strength to you!

Come back when you can and let us know how it went!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

all4peace

Checking in today to see if you were able to celebrate in peace!

OddSunflower

Update!
The party went off without a hitch! I arrived early, let management know that I was expecting 22 people and I would let them know when everyone had arrived. When we were all there, I told them and let them know that we were not expecting anyone else, even if they said they were invited. They closed off the area we were sitting in and WOOHOO! It was the best 2 hours we have had in YEARS!!!!
This morning, I told my DH that it was so nice to see him enjoy a get-together. It has been so long since we have hosted a stress-free gathering!
Thank you for letting me voice my nervousness yesterday!  :bighug: I really feel the love and support here!

bloomie

That is a wonderful update!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.