Daughter spinning out of control

Started by OddSunflower, July 12, 2019, 11:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OddSunflower

My daughter (schizophrenic, BPD, meth addict) is spinning out of control right now. I blocked her on social media after she started a hate campaign
against her dad. She is living in her car (that we pay for, including insurance and roadside assistance program). She asked me last week if I would sign the car over to her. It is in her dad's name so I told her she would have to talk to him.
A couple days ago she ran out of gas on the freeway. She texted me "Thanks for not telling me you cancelled my AAA." We had not done anything of the sort and I tried to tell her that and she just gave me a "Whatever." so I stopped responding. I checked the account and it had expired. (We recently changed addresses so I have not gotten all of my forwarded mail yet). Yesterday, I sent her a screenshot of the account screen to show her that it had EXPIRED and not cancelled.
I do not know why I feel obligated to explain myself to her. I am thinking that this advice of NOT answering is a great plan. She only has negative things to say and asks for things that she knows will make me say NO and that I will feel bad.
I am thinking about the two phones option. One I can throw in a drawer and check when I feel like it and the other for people I want to allow in my space.

momnthefog

Keeping my phone on silent and checking periodically helped me....also learning that I didn't have to answer a call or return a txt.  Seems a no brainer but, it's a skill set I had to learn....momma doesn't need to be available 24/7 for adult children.   :stars:

Also, you mentioned drug addiction......in addition to support here, you might consider some addiction support groups like soberrecovery.com or fb groups for mothers of addicts.  I have a son w ASPD dx and drug addiction.  It's not easy to deal with either addiction or PDs.

momnthefog
"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible.  She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."

Brooke

Quote from: OddSunflower on July 12, 2019, 11:39:15 AM
I am thinking about the two phones option. One I can throw in a drawer and check when I feel like it and the other for people I want to allow in my space.

I just read that on another thread and it sounds like a genius idea to me. Best of luck.  :bighug: