Ran into him today

Started by Whiteheron, July 20, 2019, 11:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteheron

Saw stbx today in the parking lot of a store- seems I had parked one space away from his (secret) vehicle. Instead of reacting with panic, I think I was more surprised - as stbx has zero reason to be shopping at this store and had no purchases with him. He walked right in front of my car to get to his - looked directly at me, seemed shocked to see me there, then smirked, continued talking loudly on his phone as he walked to his car. Other than that he completely ignored me, which is fine by me! I don't want to have to play nice to the disordered man-child who's smeared me to anyone who will listen.

I almost stayed in my car until he left, but thought F it, why should I act afraid? So I got out of my car and headed into the store. I know he's judging me, looking for any weight I may have put on, etc so he can brag about how awful I look. Maybe he should look in a mirror - he's changed his style - dressing like a grandpa (he's in his mid 40s), and has put on at least 30 lbs. He looks scruffy, unkempt, and old. I do worry about his mental state, but that is no longer my problem.

He has the kids this weekend. He's ordered DS to mow the lawn (there's the heat advisory/excessive heat warning in our area today), and he goes off to the "store" probably to meet his gf or talk to her on the phone without being overheard by the kids.

In the past my heart would race, I would panic and try to flee - or at least hide in my car until he was gone. Not today. Baby steps! Every day away from him is a day I get a little stronger.
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

bloomie

Whiteheron - those are BIG steps from where I am sitting! You handled this unexpected face to face with dignity and strength!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

11JB68

Don't know how old your ds is but it was not a day for anyone to mow a lawn. :(
That seems unreasonable to me. We proactively asked our ds to do some yard work on Friday, so that we wouldn't have to do any over the hour weekend.

notrightinthehead

Well done Whiteheron! What a wonderful reminder how much stronger you are and how far you have come. Be proud of yourself.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Spygirl

Wow

Very impressed with how you handled that.

I bit disgusted with your ex's behavior, but you are right.

Who cares?!

No longer your circus.

athene1399

I'm so proud! You are so much stronger than you realize.  :yourock:

GentleSoul