going NC and they don't seem to care

Started by scapegoat/caregiver, July 22, 2019, 01:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scapegoat/caregiver

Has anyone experienced this?  Had a fight with wealthy Narc mom about money. giving to one of the grandchildren and not loving or giving to other.
now I am NC and she doesn't care??     Thinking about giving in and caller/visiting her.  but I think this would feed her ego. 

Call Me Cordelia

Read this and your other thread. If she doesn't care, why should you? I think you're right breaking NC sure would feed her ego. Any attention is a source of supply. And you're likely to be in for a double dose of abuse.

Did you really want NC, or were you honestly trying to punish your mother so she'd do what you wanted? What is your goal here? Because she didn't react the way you expected, you're considering continuing the relationship. That really doesn't make sense to me. NC generally comes as a last resort, after having accepted that the uPD will never ever change and that you've got to take care of yourself and step away from all that crazy.

For what it's worth I think she does care, but she's not going to let you know that. If you're her caregiver in any capacity, she's going to want those services back. Sounds like she's trying to turn your No Contact into Silent Treatment. If you don't react to that, she'll try other tactics. But you have to decide what you actually want here.

Phoenix Rising

Yes I have experience similar (going NC/not caring) and they don't care. If they cared, they would try to work with you - to talk to you - and make the situation right. You are free to do as you wish but understand that choosing to break NC will probably not result in long-term, healthy outcomes. I'd ask myself if I were in your shoes what I wanted out of breaking NC, what I thought I would get out of it and if that is worth ignoring my valid feelings/experiences.
And here you are living despite it all..

Know this: the person who did this to you is broken. Not you... I will not watch you collapse