antics or something more

Started by needfixing, August 13, 2019, 08:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

needfixing

Hi, I want to be honest with myself and work on self improvement.  I say this to start with because I keep checking and asking myself is it me, is it my behavior, is it stinkn thinkin, am I making a mountain out of a molehill.  I keep feeling that daily relentless antics although they can be ignored, are quite annoying, take a toll, and make easy things for me hard.  Are the things that just cant be ignored still antics? Things that require my immediate attention, or it will cause great inconvenience, be much worse, and possibly disastrous?

I know this is working on us section.  I fight to work on myself while dealing daily with these situations.  I need more time and energy to work on myself and not be pulled dealing with these antics or something more. 

Whiteheron

I found that no matter how small, it all piles up. I think that's part of the point - to keep you so busy and distracted that you don't have time to think clearly or to work on yourself. It takes a great deal of energy to put up with this kind of behavior.
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

athene1399

Maybe look at why the "antics" annoy you.

For example, my one coworker annoys me and it's just small things that she does. But I started thinking about it and realized she has a lot of attention-seeking behaviors and she talks about her son the way my mom treated me (calling him an idiot on the phone daily). Learning why her behaviors piss me off helped me to realize what I need to work on from my childhood.

I also remind myself that i am in the process of getting a new job, so this time next year I won't have to ever see this person again. Knowing that this moment won't be how the rest of my life is helps. It may irritate me now, but it won't be like this forever. I guess that's being mindful and keeping things in perspective.