Trusting flying monkeys before you realised?

Started by me01t, August 17, 2019, 07:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

me01t

What is the best thing to do when you realise someone you trusted is a flying monkey and they know alot of information about issues with other flying monkeys which they could use against you?

bloomie

Hi there... are you still in contact with this person and do you have reason to believe they may betray your trust?
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

StayWithMe

I don't know unless you have something on them.

At some point, I taught myself to say very little unless you want it repeated.  And if you need to vent, vent to someone who has no way to contact; certainly no regular way to contact anyone involved in the situation that you are venting on.

Essentially, I say to myself, I don't trust anyone.  That's not literally, true.  I still trust that people will meet me at the cinema once we agree to it.  But when you think about the fact, that most people in western society don't like loaning money and know that confidences can be broken, well, that's a lot of day to day trust that's just not there.

me01t

I do have things on them but i really don't like the idea of stooping to that level. I also have evidence that backs up everything about the abuse in terms of messages but i worry if i use that it will just enforce my 'craziness' and that perhaps staying away is better and let time do the rest organically.

bloomie

Quote from: me01t on August 21, 2019, 10:25:07 AM
I do have things on them but i really don't like the idea of stooping to that level. I also have evidence that backs up everything about the abuse in terms of messages but i worry if i use that it will just enforce my 'craziness' and that perhaps staying away is better and let time do the rest organically.

At the end of the day with all of this imv we have to be able to look ourselves in the mirror and know we have held to our standards of integrity and have not compromised ourselves.

I don't know the details (and am not asking), but there is a time to speak up for ourselves and there is a time to let things go. Only you can know which that is. Strength and wisdom to you as you figure this out.
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.