Signs that an abuser has changed...or not article

Started by Whiteheron, August 19, 2019, 07:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteheron

Below is an article I found a few years ago that really helped me recognize that despite stbx's claims, he had not changed one bit. I post it from time to time and realized I should put the link here in case anyone would like to read it.

"Signs That an Abuser Has Changed or Not Changed and Required Steps for Change."
https://www.escapeabuse.com/?p=110

You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

HindSightIs2020

This was a good article, very thought through. And what I really needed to hear as difficult as it is for me to accept. Honestly, this clarified for me that my PD parents likely have not changed. And that I need to come to terms with that, as difficult as that may be. I have seen some of the things that would indicate genuine change, but some things I haven't really seen. Or haven't seen consistently. I'll say that the idea that I got somewhere isn't entirely out of my mind, but reading this article definitely affirmed what I suspected. Which is that it is the less likely possibility.

Whiteheron

I'm glad the article was able to help you. It was a real eye opener for me.
It confirmed what I felt in my gut - that despite stbx's claims, he had not changed at all. I was heartbroken, but it was a needed wake-up call.
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.