Can this be fixed?

Started by Roza, August 20, 2019, 04:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roza

I have been doing a lot of research,  I don't know that I  can get past this treatment.  Both parents had issues, NPD mom and dad was physically abusive. My sisters are GC and the favorite, I was the SG. After th the parents have passed I thought I could get to live my own life. The sisters will not let me.
I just want my own life back. I was so emotionally abused that I have nothing to give. Is it wrong to be left alone? My DH is so supportive of me, but I hate being broken. Sorry for the rant.

biggerfish

Quote from: Roza on August 20, 2019, 04:39:25 PM
The sisters will not let me

Hi Roza. I hear ya. This sounds so painful. Can you share more specifically the ways in which your sisters aren't letting you live your own life?

PeanutButter

Quote from: Roza on August 20, 2019, 04:39:25 PM
I have been doing a lot of research,  I don't know that I  can get past this treatment.  Both parents had issues, NPD mom and dad was physically abusive. My sisters are GC and the favorite, I was the SG. After th the parents have passed I thought I could get to live my own life. The sisters will not let me.
I just want my own life back. I was so emotionally abused that I have nothing to give. Is it wrong to be left alone? My DH is so supportive of me, but I hate being broken. Sorry for the rant.
Hi again roza. Me too. I felt so 'broken' for so long.
But now days I see it differently. I no longer feel that I am/was ever 'broken'.
I was very reactive in my relationships with disordered individuals. Until I understood what was happening, when my unhealed childhood wounds were triggered, i thought the way I felt and reacted was proof I was broken. I also had trouble regulating my emotions within the dysfuntional system I was entangled in with my foo.
I think asking oneself questions is a helpful tool. The answers are up to you. Isnt that great? You get to decide if you "can get past this treatment". Or if you even want to try to get past it. It is YOUR decision. If you dont know yet then thats OK too. Take all the time you want to decide. Even if you decide you want to get past it or have gotten past it that doesnt mean you need to have a relationship with sisters. Thats a another question that you get to answer. (I learned this from the wise souls here on this forum)
IME I dont need to get past someones treatment of me if it is still ongoing though.
I think knowledge is power. You are on the right track. Keep researching for yourself. Take one day at a time. You have been through so much.
If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle

Roza

Bless you, Peanutbutter. I appreciate your comments its most helpful.