5 years out and still not done

Started by HotCocoa, August 22, 2019, 09:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotCocoa

I am over 5 years out of my relationship with my exnpd and it is never done.
He is unhappy about what we decided on last year in a settlement agreement and now I have to go to a judicial conciliation. 
It is just never over.
More attorney's fees because he is not happy.
I have to see him and his drunk lawyer, again.  His lawyer that was in a knife fight in a bar.
I'm so sick of him.  I hope this is it.  I never want to see him again.
I'm hoping 2020 is the year of not seeing him ever again, and we separated over 5 years ago.
My children are now older so there are no more custody issues.  I thought that would be the end of it, but no.
He just got married but his actions don't match those of a happy person.  He is only happy when arguing with me.
Sorry, just had to vent.  I'm so over his crap but I'm never done, he always has to drag something else out.
The smarter you become about narcissistic abuse, the crazier the narcissist will say you are.

Poison Ivy

I'm sorry for you.  This sounds extremely stressful.

Jsinjin

Vent away.   So sorry you're going through this even after it's done.
It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

HotCocoa

Thank you both.  It is stressful.  I have worked so hard to move forward and start over.  I have started over.  He is just always in the background of my life somewhere causing chaos.  I've worked hard to have a very peaceful life.  I have started really healing from the scars of the mental and emotional abuse. 
He has a new life, but just can't let go of the arguing in court.  The constant wanting to start fights.  The random emails and texts about how horrible a person I am and stole all his money and the kid's money.  I don't live in a castle and I never asked for more than I should have and have never taken money from my children, but he just can't let things go because in his mind, I did all of these things. 
I'm super grateful for my attorneys, but I'm so sick of having to pay lawyers to fight over finances that were dealt with more than a year ago.
The smarter you become about narcissistic abuse, the crazier the narcissist will say you are.

noregrets

I totally get it.  I've been separated for 3 1/2 years, and we can't even manage to get divorced because he just wants to negotiate and mediate and litigate.  I am still the focus of all his craziness.  I try to explain to people that it's like having a stalker you are related to.   I don't feel like any of his professed feelings, whether of love or hatred, have anything to do with the real me, but that I'm just the focus of his obsessive behavior.  I got a laugh out of your tagline because he was at my house today for a few hours helping our daughter pack her car to move to college and the last thing he said to me before he left was that I'm crazy.   I genuinely laughed when he said it.   Once you know the PD behavior, it's so obvious.

Liftedfog

I remember you hotcocoa.  I'm still in a legal mess 6 years now and no settlement in site.  Over 150,000burned in legal fees and looks like I'm headed to trial. Not because I can't settle.   It's the otherside not negotiating in good faith.  Every time I get a written offer they add something ridiculous.  Something nobody would agree to.  The system is so broken and full of asshole lawyers.  I'm sorry you are back at it. 

11JB68

Ugh.
Every time I think ok I'm done, I can't do this anymore, I read these kinds of things and think....I can't do THAT either.... This is so discouraging...

hippychick215

That is so scary and I'm just praying that this is not my future.  I have kids ages 15, 13, and 9.  I haven't yet filed for divorce even though I have been separated for one year.  It's costly, and I cannot afford it.  He abused me financially and when I left I had the worst credit and am in so much debt.  He hasn't filed either though because he is not in the position to do so, what with being out of jail on bond and awaiting court dates for his felony charge.  I am hoping I will get my divorce and sole custody with no issues, and no future issues.  But I am terrified I will have a similar story.  I pray your 2020 is the year you get to wash your hands completely of him.