"What your daughter needed was a daddy who can be ok with her anger"

Started by littlemisssunshine, August 26, 2019, 08:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemisssunshine

Hey, i'm listening to the Russell Brand & Gabor Mate Podcast on YouTube and Russell is talking about his kid throwing a tired tantrum and he tried to placate her by offering her chocolate which led to Gabor talking about how Russell felt in that moment and he said inadequate, Gabor said inadequate is not a feeling its a point of view he went on to talk about how he was projecting his child hood onto his child. He went onto to say in that moment you were not ready to be with your child unless your child makes you feel comfortable, pleased.

"What your daughter needed was a daddy who can be ok with her anger" - This perfectly sums up what i need from my Father who reacts to my anger at the injustice of his behavior in our familial situation with denials and rebuttals. All i need is my dad to be my dad and give a damn.

This really resonated with me, the podcast was about damaged leaders rule the world, i found this interesting.

TwentyTwenty

Is this a live-stream, or recorded? If there is a link to a recording I'd like to take a look.

Thanks for sharing!

littlemisssunshine

Hi Lovely its on YouTube (i love YouTube its amazing!") just search Russell Brand & Gabor Mate and it will come up - i subscribed to Russell Brands Channel i quite like him, some of them are quite insightful. Hugs xxx