Friend calls after six months of ghosting

Started by Adria, August 29, 2019, 11:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starboard Song

Many non-PD people can get upset and not speak to someone for a while. And when they come back, many non-PD people try to avoid the old issue: this is often exactly the right play.

Categorical and confident diagnoses of PD are unlikely to be helpful. We are all pretty weird at times. Until you tell us your friend is toxic and damaging and resistant to boundaries, I will assume she is otherwise. You know her and your relationship best.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

Adria

Thanks again Starboard,

Dh and I reread your first post last night, and he thinks you are spot on.  I do too. No, Starboard, she is not toxic, damaging or resistant to boundaries. Thank you again for putting that into perspective.

I guess she just totally caught me off guard after I grieved so hard over her. And, yes, we call all be weird at times.  I'm sure I'll hear from her one way or another as she will send an invite to her party, and will want a reply. Maybe, then. I can avoid the old issue as well. :yes:
For a flower to blossom, it must rise from the dirt.