Can I get over this? Does it get easier?

Started by Roza, August 30, 2019, 06:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roza

I have been going to therapy and I do feel better.  I don't break down that often. I don't know if I can forgive my NPd sister and other sister for what they have said and done. They don't feel any remorse,  but I feel angry and sad for them. I have been the SG most of my life, I shielded them from my Narc mom and alcoholic dad. I did the best I could as a kid. I was an adult for a very long time. I have always apologized for everything and for everyone.  Bcz that's what my parents told me to do. Now that my parents are gone i just want my life back. I want to relearn to be myself. I have to take care of me,  not anyone else.  Why can't they see that? How do I get them to see that? So hard... I still feel like I have to fix it. But I know I don't... help....

Hazy111

Yes it does with time, but you might have to accept that your sisters may never see it from your point of view and you will banging your head against a brick wall trying to get them to do so.

They may in time they may not. Some things we cant fix and a lot of people as my therapist once said "dont want to be fixed" , so you should respect their wishes at staying in a state of denial.

This after all is the majority of the population.

Look after you, not them.

Humans can bare only so much reality 

KeepONKeepingON

Roza, I shielded my brother and sister as best I could from my parents. I remember my EN father was going to hit my brother, so I tried to hide my brother in the garden shed. My BPD mother thought this was hilarious, which shows how mixed up she is. As the eldest child, I cooked meals from 10 or 11 on, I cleaned and I was my mother's therapist.  Neither of my siblings see my POV or acknowledge my pain. My mother regularly flew into rages and physically assaulted me. I think that this happened to me  from a very early age. Neither of my siblings see or acknowledge my POV.

IMO you have to acknowledge your siblings were probably triangulated against you and that they may one day see your POV, but they also may not.

It hurts and it's really sad. Who wouldn't want to be close to their siblings?

Maybe go LC with them for the moment if their behaviour is upsetting?

PeanutButter

Quote from: Roza on August 30, 2019, 06:53:54 AM
I have been going to therapy and I do feel better.  I don't break down that often. I don't know if I can forgive my NPd sister and other sister for what they have said and done. They don't feel any remorse,  but I feel angry and sad for them. I have been the SG most of my life, I shielded them from my Narc mom and alcoholic dad. I did the best I could as a kid. I was an adult for a very long time. I have always apologized for everything and for everyone.  Bcz that's what my parents told me to do. Now that my parents are gone i just want my life back. I want to relearn to be myself. I have to take care of me,  not anyone else.  Why can't they see that? How do I get them to see that? So hard... I still feel like I have to fix it. But I know I don't... help....
Roza IME you do not need or have to forgive your sisters in order to heal and move on. Especially if they are not remorseful then it doesnt make sense to try to forgive someone for something they will continue to do.
I think that they are refusing to see your POV because it is not beneficial to them for you to stop being their scapegoat. They want you to continue to make them a priority over yourself. 
IMO You are gonna have to do this without their approval!
If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle