Started a Meetup group.

Started by 1footouttadefog, September 11, 2019, 08:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1footouttadefog

I am I treated in a cluster or related outdoor hobbies that over lap each other.  There are many Meetup groups regarding these.  Many say they are for all skill levels but then they never offer beginner level opportunities.  When they do they fill up fast or clash with my schedule after a year of trying to find a matching event, and seeing others struggle to do the same I decided to start my own group. 

The group is described as being for people who need or want a less challenging event due to skills ability age, fitness level etc.  It is understood we will not be keeping the same pace as other groups and will stop and rest. 

Over night I had a dozen and a half interested parties.  It will be I teresting to see if anyone actually RSVPs or shows up. 

I am looking forward to meeting some new folks and not feeling guilty because I slowed them down or messed up there event.  I was quite happy with the types of people I have meet on meetups, I hope the same trend continues.  Almost everyone was, well mannered, interesting and socially out going enough to be comfortable to be around. 

bunnie

That's awesome.  Good luck with your new group.  I love the no pressure approach and think it will benefit many. 
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

"Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on. - Eckhart Tolle

Spygirl

Thats super cool! I would never think to create something to match my level, rather than try to keep up with the advanced group.

Amadahy

I love this! Keep us posted! ❤️
Ring the bells that still can ring;
Forget your perfect offering.
There's a crack in everything ~~
That's how the Light gets in!

~~ Leonard Cohen

practical

How cool to become the leader instead of the follower! Shows enormous strength and self-awareness.
If I'm not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when I'm only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when?" (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)

JollyJazz

Awesome 1footoutofthefog! Go you! :) Hope it goes really well!