20 questions or police interrogations

Started by Jsinjin, May 27, 2019, 10:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopelessly stuck

My UPD Sis does this. I think it is to get ammo to use back at me at a later date. Then weeks later She will bring it up and question me about it again! They use the information to break you down, Gaslighting you. Many times I don't remember what I said or why.

I finally told uNPD when She'd ask me about things weeks ago that I'd not answer any more questions from interactions from weeks ago. She would try and get me engaged but I'd state the thing again and not answer.

I prepared pat answers for her. She asked me many questions about psychology I started saying I don't know You need to ask a professional. When asking private questions That is private... Why do You need to know that? If they said Xxx told Me this (about me) I'd I'd say " I don't know why CXX shared this with You but it is none of your business and it was wrong of them to share it with You!

I'd be intimidated at first but practiced my answers so I was ready that helped!

Controllers, abusers and manipulative people don't question themselves. They don't ask themselves if the problem is them. They always say the problem is someone else. Darlene Ouimet

StayWithMe

My sister will ask the same questions many times.  I guess she's hoping that she will get the answer she is looking for.

Jsinjin

My uOCPDw just interrogates us typically about things that you're desperately trying not to even worry about.    We get the wall Street journal and she keeps a pile of months of them.   Much of the family reads it each day and inevitably someone leaves it on the front porch or on the couch.    If she can't see it she will begin to interrupt any conversation even me on a call with work to ask over and over and over the same question about where is the wsj.   Once it is found which is usually by just doing a cursor look around the house she will then begin an interrogation of everyone to find out who left it wherever.    When no one confesses which is the usual way it goes she begins to angrily and loudly yell that she must be losing her mind or maybe a poltergeist moved it and she can't believe anyone in the family would lie about putting the wsj somewhere.   It gets worse if you ignore and don't engage hoping the questions and rage will go away.    It's very strange the way she cares so much about who was the culprit about a section of the daily paper.
It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

Whiteheron

That would drive me batty. It's a newspaper, it's in the house, go find it.  :stars:

My PD is all about control, but I think yours takes it to another level (I never suspected OCPD for mine).
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

Jsinjin

Ok, another one but I couldn't believe it.    The garage door opener remote went weird.   It wouldn't open her garage door.    I tested hers and mine with the garage door and neither worked.   It was curious but not that interesting

An interrogation started as. To who did what with the garage door and the opener.    To head this off I went out, grabbed both remotes front he respective cars, pushed one and the reset button on the garage door opener in the ceiling and fixed each.

What began was a literal angry Inquisition about "who had messed with them, this had never happened before, it can't be the power outage because that has never happened before, it can't be a fluke... '

It did not matter what I tried to dismiss or shield the kids or get this issue of how this occurred to go to bed, it had to be investigated and determined who had specifically caused this to happen.   Every nice or polite deflection was met with a specific reason whether real or imagined why that would not work.   Someone was at fault and had to pay.   It was harsh and I felt she had to have a better truth and the owner of the deed which I still don't think there was one, had to be punished.

I think it will continue tonight.

Jsj
It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

11JB68

Oh, Jsinjin...hoping for you that she can let this one go tonight.
I've been in similar situations.
One time, on way home from a vacation we stopped for gas. UOCPDh rarely pumps gas (he would go to a full serve and pay more, but those are rare now). It's to much for him, each place/pump is different, he gets flustered and feels dumb, etc. I went in to pay, clerk turned on the pump. Something happened, likely h let go of the nozzle and the pump turned off. (As I was walking back to the car). I got back to the car, not even aware, and he gave me the angry look, and asked me "what did you do??!". Huh? "Why would you have them turn off the pump??".
This was one of the weirdest/scariest incidents for me.
Someone always had to be to blame, and never him.
Wishing you a peaceful night....
Use the toolbox....
Medium chill....medium chill...medium chill...no JADE...no JADE....

Cascade

Why they think something can't just stop working or go wrong without it being someone's fault, I'll never know. I hope she lets that one go and moves on. One evening of questions is enough!

ICantThinkOfAName

The blame thing. Wow I kinda thought that I was the only one dealing with this aspect. I still thinks uOCPDh harbors resentment for things that broke. It's scary cause he thinks I'm lying when I tell him it happened on it's own like it's some conspiracy to make him look stupid. Like we're all sneaking around breaking things and laughing when he discovers them.  Then we all stand around smirking and laughing at his stupidity. That's messed up. What happened to these people?  I hope the garage door interrogation is over and you can have relative peace.

SparkStillLit

Oh my STARS, this happened with spoons and the ice cream scoop. I've no idea where all this was, but not in sink, drawer or dishwasher. H flew off at me because I was sitting on the couch and frankly couldn't be arsed with leaping up and finding the rest of the spoons and the scoop. Didn't care where they were, sure they would turn up. He was having a hissy over it, SOMEONE did SOMETHING with them.....really? Next day sure enough, turned up. He said, well SOMEONE was keeping them in their room!!

11JB68

Spark, what is it with our hs and ice cream related issues??

SparkStillLit

Lol I don't know!! Popsicles, ice cream...what next!!! Outshine bars, maybe....