Hi, I’m new

Started by Eugenie, September 15, 2019, 02:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eugenie

Hi ,
I'm new here . My concerns in life have stemmed mostly from dealing with my family of origin.
I've had a sometimes difficult relationship with a close sibling who pretty much refuses to acknowledge that perhaps she really ought to get counseling.
Another sib I've gone NC with , again .
Everyone lives pretty far apart from each other which in some ways is a help .
I probably should have gotten some support years ago for this , some counseling.
I talk with my one sibling very often . Today was the straw that broke the camel's back . I thought I need to be able to talk to others that might understand.
It's been so frustrating, kind of heartbreaking & lonely dealing with this as I'm sure others know .
Thanks for listening.

Starboard Song

It sounds like you may be struggling with the dysfunction of a personality disorder within your family. You've found the right place.

Formal diagnoses are not important: patterns of behavior and damage are, as are tactics to manage it, and plans for healing. People here have had every flavor of trouble and interaction and success. I hope you benefit even from the simple truth that you are not alone.

Welcome.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

Eugenie

My family is definitely dysfunctional in ways .
Thank you for the info & welcome ; I really appreciate it .