Hi

Started by SilenceOnTheWire, September 12, 2019, 11:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilenceOnTheWire

I'm thinking about going NC with my Nmother. Trying to understand how she affected me, how to heal and change and how to go NC or LC when I am ready.

I'm 21, still in college. Covert narcissistic family, panic attacks (although not as much now) and anxiety. Skipped first two years of college because of that, will get back on the 16th.  Nmother puts a huge amount of pressure on me to perform. Nfather died when I was a kid from burnout. I won't let the same happen to me.

EDIT: How do you change your pfp?

Penny Lane

Hi and welcome!

There are a lot of others who've walked in your shoes here on these boards. I hope you find the support or advice you need here. I'd also check out the toolbox and resources tab at the top of the page.

I'm glad you're getting a relatively early start on your healing and I hope you take advantage of the counseling and other resources at your college! This stuff is so hard and you are so strong to be working to heal.

If you're looking to change your account go to the top right of the page and click "account settings."

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

SilenceOnTheWire

Quote from: Penny Lane on September 13, 2019, 12:41:23 PM
Hi and welcome!

There are a lot of others who've walked in your shoes here on these boards. I hope you find the support or advice you need here. I'd also check out the toolbox and resources tab at the top of the page.

I'm glad you're getting a relatively early start on your healing and I hope you take advantage of the counseling and other resources at your college! This stuff is so hard and you are so strong to be working to heal.

If you're looking to change your account go to the top right of the page and click "account settings."

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Thank you!

SerenityCat

Welcome!

You already know quite a bit about your situation, this is inspiring. Now you can continue to reach out for support - therapy, college services etc.

You deserve a great life free of abuse.

Whimzee

As another poster mentioned, you are way ahead of the game of Life that you are aware of Narcissism in the family at such an early age--I wish you healthy healing and a mentally healthy life ahead of you.
I did not start to finally figure things out until I was about 37 years old(56 now) and am STILL processing stuff from growing up in and still surrounded by a Narcissistic family .