Bubble Solution...

Started by WhiteWolf, September 15, 2019, 10:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteWolf

Hubs just accidentally drank bubble maker solution. 🙄 He vomited most of it up.  Too many details to recount but he didn't see the label that said BUBBLEs I put on the bottle (original solution bottle was cracked and leaked so I put it in an old plastic bottle, won't do that again!) and he thought it was sparkling water. He drank a huge swig of vodka first (he was already drunk and yelling at me earlier for something  else). And of course is accusing me of trying to poison him. And then asked if I would poison the kids. And then said he would tell our daughter I was trying to hurt daddy. And said he'd make sure other people knew if "anything happened".  I can't believe he twisted such an innocent and of course horrible mistake on my part into something so ugly and sinister. I can't believe he would think that of me. Those thoughts were never on the radar for me so I'm really in shock right now. Do I need to do anything to protect myself right now legally from his insanity? I'm really rocked and scared.  :stars:  :aaauuugh:

SparkStillLit

I would probably call the paramedics. Give them the labeled, repurposed bottle, tell them what it is, tell them he's drunk and he drank it. Let his BAC speak for itself if he wants to rant about poisoning.
You're sober, you called the paramedics. He's drunk and foolish.
I don't know, that would be my idea.

notrightinthehead

I think Spark's idea is excellent. It's probably too late for that now but for next time!

When dealing with a person who distorts something like that to the extend that you have experienced with your husband,  it might be a very wise idea to start documenting his behaviour and to get witnesses.

Also: read through the TOOLBOX, especially medium chill and grey rock to develop strategies how to handle such episodes in the future.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

WhiteWolf

Of course he acted like nothing happened the morning after (other than his stomach still upset). It kills me how PDs can pull your world out from under you and then act normally the next day. I told him I was upset from the night before and he didn't say anything. No apology. I expect he won't at this point but still...

capybara

You poor thing! I don't think it was a "horrible" mistake on your part -- it could happen to anyone. Spark's idea to call the paramedics was great, and I agree with NotRight, documenting these events is a wise idea. And if there is someone you trust, maybe tell them about things like this about the time they happen. In these sexual abuse cases you see in the news, it seems to make a big difference if the victim told a friend or relative at the time, even if they didn't go to the police. It makes the victim much more credible.