My PDw and her D23

Started by Samuel S., September 16, 2019, 06:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samuel S.

Ever since my PDw's D was 3, I put $500 a month into a college fund, because it seemed like the right thing to do for her future education. Her biological father contributed a total of $25,000 for college. So, the rest of her college expenses had to come from my PDw for housing, food, and anything else while this college fund covered her tuition, books, and computers. I stopped putting money into this account after about 15 years, and it draws interest. Even after now 5 years of withdrawing money for her tuition, books, and computers, there is well over $100,000 left.

With all that being said and done, some 6 months ago, my PDw's D23 became bored with her major and wanted to make a change, and that's fine. She needs to be happy with whatever she wants to do in her life. BTW, their "medium counselor" suggested that she major in bio med and become an astronaut. Sorry for the pun, but that didn't fly! Anyway, she started reflecting on what she wanted to do and decided to follow in her mother's footsteps and become an acupuncturist. Again, all well and good.

Nevertheless, for some 6 months, my PDw and her D23 didn't say a word to me about these changes at all! They talked behind my back, usually when I would go to sleep. It was only after she was accepted at this acupuncture university and the living arrangements were made, that my PDw told me. To say the least, I was shocked, but that is nothing new, because she has said and done things that are in typical, hurtful, abusive ways.

So, while I am again happy for her D23 wanting to pursue something that she prefers, the very fact that they talked about all of this behind my back and with the very money that I have collected for her is rather irritating. It makes me not to want to trust them. I don't suppose I can't do anything about this, because I want her D23 to pursue whatever is going to be the most rewarding for her. I am not angry or upset that she wanted to change majors. I am angry and upset in the way they kept me in the dark and using the money behind my back. BTW, my PDw's brother-in-law kept money from his wife. When she discovered this, she divorced him. My PDw subsequently degraded him for being deceitful.