Any adoptees out there?

Started by Arkhangelsk, September 19, 2019, 10:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhangelsk

My trauma therapist seems to have struck gold on this topic.  I am having some revelations about why I might have gotten lost in a relationship with a PD for so long.

sevenyears

My stepdad was adopted at birth. He essentially filled the role of a father for me. I am a foster mother (long term) to my DD7. I don't know if our situation will be helpful for you? 

xredshoesx

Quote from: Arkhangelsk on September 19, 2019, 10:19:23 AM
My trauma therapist seems to have struck gold on this topic.  I am having some revelations about why I might have gotten lost in a relationship with a PD for so long.

arkhangelsk who is the adoptee in question?  we want to be able to make sure your post is in the best place to continue the discussion-  i think it's a very good question because it calls the 'nature vs nurture' debate into play as to causation factors of PD-  i know for me i actively choose on the daily to NOT BE LIKE MY MOTHER despite how i was raised/ conditioned as a child.  to me this means that my choices as an adult overcame whatever genetics i have, or they display in a different way (i was dx ODD as a teen believe it or not,  a past T felt i was more  on the high functioning AS but never got 'retested'). 

i actively REFUSE to be her.  if i hear her coming out of my mouth i get my butt into therapy ASAP because i'm not letting her ruin the rest of my life because she was abusive to me because she was abused as a child.