Scheduling a consult with a lawyer

Started by 11JB68, September 20, 2019, 09:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capybara

Glad to hear the lawyer sounds like a good fit, and glad to hear you might not have to pay support!

Arkhangelsk

I agree that it is a good sign.  You will need a lawyer who listens.

I recognize and identify with your fear of hurting your husband.  Two things helped me with that:
- As people have mentioned, taking a step to become knowledgeable is just that, a step.  It does not make things final.  Final is a while away.  However, there are certain steps, such as beginning a legal separation , where you want to get the clock running in the background, in case you want out and your husband does not want to let you out.  Discuss that with your lawyer.
- Perhaps have a sit down with yourself and ask yourself whether your husband cares about hurting you.  When I did this, I was overwhelmed with memories that proved that my husband did not show up for me.  Hundred of examples, some of them truly shocking.  And then I asked myself, if my friend told me that they were worried about hurting a person who did all these things, what would I say.  I then had some very good advice for myself.

Best of luck.

11JB68

Ivy, thanks, that makes sense.
Ark, thanks for sharing that.