Just dropping by....

Started by 2nice, July 07, 2019, 05:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2nice

Hi all

So some may remember me.

I am almost two years free now. I'm not sure how long as I don't count anymore. That's progress!

It isn't easy being solo mum 24/7 to young kids and their dad moved interstate. So he has them four weekends a year basically. It's exhsusting!

However we were living in hell before.

It was so hard to make that move but now it's barely a memory. Weird how life does that.

I've not successfully dated. There's a lot of messed up people in the world. Letting go is still hard.

This site always feels like coming home.

Life is a bit calmer. A bit more boring. I have to entertain myself now.

No more abuse or man tantrums or walking on eggshells though.

It takes guts to do it but this dude soon becomes normal. You just have to hang in there xx

Whiteheron

Hi 2nice!

So glad to hear you're doing well!

It's funny how quickly things become our new normal. And yes, being a single mom is exhausting! It sure beats walking on eggshells and keeping our guards up 24/7.

Keep us posted! It's wonderful to hear from others who have made it out.
:hug:
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

cant turn back

Hi 2nice,
Yes, so good to hear from you.  So glad you're doing  well.  I'll take boring and 'on my terms' any day over eggshells living a lie.
:udawoman:

Hattie

Great to hear from you, 2nice! 2 years! Wow, time flies.

Sounds like single parenting is tough so well done you for managing. At least you don't have a man - child to look after too...

I have found dating a challenge too! I had a boyfriend for 4 months but he turned out to be another narc  :doh: My boundaries repelled him before things got serious though...

Keep us updated! It is lovely to hear from you xx
Love is patient; love is kind.
It does not envy; it does not boast.
It is not proud. It does not dishonour others.
It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

1 Corinthians 13: 5-8.

Beachgirl

I remember you! Time flies by. I've been out for 10 months next week. I have also been on this site for 5 years next week. I was looking for my graduates and found you! Isn't it amazing how much you realize you can accomplish with all of the support? For those on this forum deciding how to find relief, you are stronger than you realize. Sometimes it takes baby steps. It took me two tries but it was totally worth it to me and my son who lives with me at 20. We can finally relax. I watched my forum friends take steps and found it super helpful and when i took my steps I was following in theirs. Like with 2nice and others that simply don't need the forum anymore because they're moved on to healthy lives.  :bighug:
"The only thing more unthinkable than leaving was staying; the only thing more impossible than staying was leaving". Eat, Pray, Love
♡INFJ & Protesting Colluder😉

GettingOOTF

I'm back after some time off and I scrolled through to see if there'd been an update from you. I'm so glad things are going well for you and your family.

It does take such guts to do what we did, but it's so worth it. Wishing you all the best.