A little bit of hope

Started by wasted_tropics, September 23, 2019, 11:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasted_tropics

Last night she called, and I answered.

She said that she realized everything I said that afternoon was right, and she was sorry, and that we might not be good together like I said. She said she didn't want to sign papers yet, but she recognized my stepping out of the relationship and she was going to talk to her base legal like I did so we both know the process and after that she would probably be willing to sign the seperation agreement.

Maybe it's a trick, maybe it isn't. Her base legal appointment is next week so I'm hoping that things begin to cap off after that. I hate feeling like my life is on pause, like I can't be a whole person until this damn chain is off from around my throat.

Two of my friends are taking me to a concert on Friday. My plan is to turn my phone off and not deal with any anxiety or drama, or any of her attempts to suck me back in.

Whiteheron

Sometimes they do seem to have brief moments of clarity. My stbx had a few and it completely caught me off guard.
I hope she does sign the separation agreement so you can move on. It's great you have plans with your friends. No contact is the best way to regain your footing.
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.