Double bind

Started by 11JB68, September 28, 2019, 09:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

As I was discussing my problematic uPD coworker today, I realized that she put me in several double bind situations.
Stepped down as manager, passed the torch to me, then 1) made it clear I was not HER manager and 2) did everything she could to prevent me from doing the job.
Now that she is unhappy and leaving, she complains that as the manager I never advocated for her (how could I advocate for someone who didn't report to me? Also, the couple of times she brought a concern to me and I brought it to my boss She got mad at me for that, then said she'd have to watch what she tells me as I go to him with everything...well he owns the business..... Then refused to tell me anything). She says that nothing has changed, I haven't implemented anything to improve the office. (When I started to do those things she got extremely angry, said I was overstepping, said we didn't need any of those things etc.)
Ugh.

notrightinthehead

I agree with you. That definitely sounds like double bind. Crazy making, isn't it?  Imagine how convoluted her mind must work to come up with things like that!
I can't hate my way into loving myself.