Name calling

Started by 11JB68, September 29, 2019, 08:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

My current crisis is mostly with upd co worker. She uses name calling. I see this as sort of a way to depersonalize/dehumanize people.
It's also very 'junior high' imo.
I mentioned it yesterday and updh said (I thought) 'well you do that too' . I said 'I do?' He said 'i said we. We do that'
Ha. 'We' I do not. He does!
Ugh

SparkStillLit

The Royal We!
WE should do this task. Did WE check up on this or that? WE need to ....
All meaning ME. I should do whatever he's saying! Or even better, well WE failed at that, didn't we?

SparkStillLit

Also, the "you do that to" is an example of the Kindergarten thing. Every time I call something out, I get told "I could say the same thing about you", and it reminds me of the Kindergarten chant "I'm rubber you're glue bounces off me and sticks to you!" You just never get anywhere if that's going on.

11JB68

Spark, yes! The royal we.
I looked that up a while ago. UPDm used to use it a lot and it drove me nuts as a kid....I couldn't figure out why she would make proclamations about the entire family's preferences based on her own personal opinion.
UOCPDh does it too.

GentleSoul

Groan, Yup, the royal "we".  Urgh.

LemonLime

Oh yes, the "we".

My sibling refers to "our emotional moment".......Ummm....do you mean when you raged at me for no clear reason, called me names and then rolled your eyes at me when I tried to calmly defend myself?    That's no "emotional moment" of ours.........that is YOUR illness, nothing more.  :stars:

GentleSoul

Quote from: Kat1984 on October 06, 2019, 11:13:00 AM

That's no "emotional moment" of ours.........that is YOUR illness, nothing more.  :stars:

:yeahthat: