Should I go

Started by Roza, October 05, 2019, 09:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roza

My narc sisters want me to stay the way I was, the scapegoat,  the doormat, and I have been changing bcz I finally stood up for myself.  I have seen the lite. I was really getting to a good place until they told me that I have a problem.  I knew that I was the doormat,  the scapegoat but I was getting past it. My narc mother died last year and I was enjoying life again.  My one sister has a son that I helped raise for 4 yrs, she told me that until I can pull my head out of my behind not to talk to her or her son.  Now bcz the little guy has a play at school she wants me to show up.  I know that its not his fault , but I have to admit that since I have not talked to her in almost a month, I feel like a weight has been lifted. I want to go see my nephew but I don't want to see my sister.  I feel torn, bcz the little guy didn't do anything.  My sister has a very selfish attitude.  I feel sorry for him. I feel better, I do miss my sister but not the way she made me feel.

Adria

Roza,

I guess I would go with my gut on this one.  Personally, for me, I would probably steer clear as you said you have been feeling better being away from her. I wonder if going might be too triggering?  On the other hand you could go, slip in the back and slip back out. It sounds like she wants you when she's got something to brag about or show you, but other than that, she treats you with disdain.  I fear once she's won by getting you to see the play and she gets to show off her son, she will go right back to the way she was.  These decisions are always so hard.
For a flower to blossom, it must rise from the dirt.