Hmmm not sure about my brother now

Started by p123, October 07, 2019, 03:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p123

Quote from: nanotech on November 20, 2019, 06:07:44 AM
You can't change them, that's for sure, but your changed approach to him may be having an impact, and may  have made him try a softly softly approach- rather than the head on antler locking that he's done in the past.

My dad mostly favours waifing these days. Watch out for this.

Yes nano. I realise its a different approach from him. Nagging constantly and laying on the guilt usually works but it hasnt. Hes VERY quick to drop something if it looks like its not working. He will IMMEDIATELY back down sometimes. Clever - lost the battle but fight on.

Yes he does the waifing a lot. When hes ok he doesn't. As soon as something goes wrong or he feels slightly ill hes off at full tilt.

As I said in my other thread, I await the day hes properly ill with terror!

p123

Not spoken or had contact with Brother for a few weeks now. Good!

Last response when he tried to get me roped into more visits, I explained I was not able to do this and I got a thumbs up reply. Have had this before from him.

I'm easy. But I'm thinking its like a passive aggressive gesture more than anything....

nanotech

I get that thumbs up emoji A LOT -from my uNBRO, often where I would expect more of a conversation. I get that, or I get no reply at all!
Convos are stilted and formal at best.  I don't really have a relationship with him, yet he's my little bro. It is what it is.

p123

Quote from: nanotech on November 20, 2019, 10:12:03 AM
I get that thumbs up emoji A LOT -from my uNBRO, often where I would expect more of a conversation. I get that, or I get no reply at all!
Convos are stilted and formal at best.  I don't really have a relationship with him, yet he's my little bro. It is what it is.

Yeh Im thinking its more of a sarcastic "whatever" than a yes I agree with you.

nanotech

Yes it' seems to be a 'whatever' from him too. Spot on.
It's the only emoji he uses!