How many time do they have to be told!

Started by Lilyloo, October 08, 2019, 07:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilyloo

I am VLC with my Mother. I have made it clear that if anyone in the family needs me, they all have my phone numbers, they can call or text. I have called my brother who is having health problems.  I haven't seen my Mother since May and had an email about 2 months ago.

So i got a friend request from her on FB. I have told her over and over I do not add people.  It got to the point I had all the dysfunctional family sending requests and I did not want to see any of their stuff.  I use FB for Art pages, Nature, etc, things that bring me peace.

Maybe I am weird,  for sure I am an introvert, but I learned to like who I am. I like what I like, calm, peaceful sorts of things,  and some people drain me, so I do tend to retreat to my own little world.  It used to make me feel such guilt, but not now!!

Once again I told my mother  'no' I do not add people. So she's emailing. I sent a reply that everyone has my numbers, and I am here if there are any emergencies, etc. My boundaries are set in stone now!  I guess the BPD  in her just can't 'get' that I don't add friends. She has sent at least 5 friend requests at different times. So each time I tell her no. She can see I add nobody..........still she keeps on.

But I stood my ground, deleted the request, once again :roll:

Just ranting so Thanks for listening :bighug:
~Your heart knows things that your mind can't explain~

SunnyMeadow

Good for you LindaLoo! You have solid boundaries and aren't caving to your mother. I like how you're protecting yourself. I had to fully delete facebook because my uNPDmom ruined it for me.

Do you suppose your mother is increasing contact because the holidays are coming up? I know my mom does that. They are so draining  :uuuuhhh:

scapegoatnumerouno

block her on FB.  Then she cant even see your account at all and you cant see hers.  I have my entire FOO blocked from mine.

p123

Quote from: blueheart on October 08, 2019, 09:51:32 AM
block her on FB.  Then she cant even see your account at all and you cant see hers.  I have my entire FOO blocked from mine.

I think I need to block a few people!

Lilyloo

The reply I got back on email was Okay!!  I was nice enough, but didn't fall for her pity party,  when I told her we are here in case any of them need us. I took the Okay!! reply with nothing else said by her,  that she wasn't happy I didn't engage more. I stopped listening to her woes months ago.

SunnyMeadow, Thank You!  I feel good that I am doing better at dealing with my Mother. I used to crumble and cry, but I learned so much here on this forum from all of you!  I think she is increasing contact because she needs a scapegoat once again.  She must have lots she needs to dump on me. The holidays don't mean much to her. Mostly she loved to complain about how much she had to do.

blueheart, I am blocking today, along with the rest of them (FOO)
~Your heart knows things that your mind can't explain~