The ever complaining PDw!

Started by Samuel S., October 15, 2019, 10:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samuel S.

This last weekend, my PDw had her college classes in which she had to be out of town. As much as she complained about them, she enjoys the end goal of becoming an acupuncturist eventually.

In the meantime, her mother gave us a lot of food. So, since my PDw doesn't like how I clean, she prefers to cook and clean everything. I offer to help her cut the food, but more times than not, she gets angry that I offer, and she complains again.

When she got back last night, she opened up her mail, one of which was the bill from a hospital emergency I had in May. My potassium level was low with my blood pressure being very high. The ambulance driver and the hospital nurse both said I did the right thing to preserve my health. With the ambulance, doctor, and blood work over a period of 6 hours, the cost was $25,000. Since my PDw's insurance is primary and there was no out of pocket expense, she again complained about how expensive that visit was without even asking if I was okay then or now.  Granted, that bill was high, but would she prefer that I did nothing and suffer or die like her oldest daughter?

I was speechless, and I had a hard time sleeping last night for a while.

When I bring up that I can pay for my own insurance after I pay off the condo in 4 years, she said her insurance is the best.

Sultana Bed Red

That is ridiculous of her to complain when nothing was owed out of pocket.  I have to get blood work done every so often and my insurance doesn't cover lab work.  Even though it has never been more than $200 per lab, my husband acts like it's such a financial burden.  It seems like you're saying she believes since there was nothing they could do to help her daughter that you don't deserve to be helped either.  That's horrible.  Could you have your own insurance just covering you as an individual and she can have her insurance just covering her?  The funny part of my situation is my husband has insurance just for him, and my insurance is for me and the kids, and he still has the nerve to complain.