Almost disentangled myself

Started by CheshireCat101, October 20, 2019, 03:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheshireCat101

Hi All,
In 2014 I found this website and finally realised what I was dealing with and why my mil was so antagonistic.
Trouble was that as soon as took a step back from it all, my exh took it up as his mission instead. Eventually the emotional manipulation and control turned more physical so I escaped with the kids to my parents.

I have spent the last 4 years disentangling myself from not only my ex-inlaws but exh too and I've almost done it. The divorce was finalized last year, i met someone else and got remarried this July, bought a new house thinking I can begin to move on with my life.

Except that we have 2 children together. Of course he won't be reasonable. He can't co-parent and won't negotiate or compromise. He's filed a residency order for them to live with him so he can control their access to me and we're now going through court with social care and CAFCASS getting involved because of allegations.

So I'm feeling exhausted with it all and back here again trying to gain a better perspective on the situation and hoping for some reassurance that there are ways forward  :stars:

Spring Butterfly

Welcome back although I'm sad for your having to return. Hopefully the community here can support this leg if your journey. Congrats on making it this far and your resilience in having done so.
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing

treesgrowslowly

Welcome back.

I hope the support here helps you as you work with this.

Trees